Mervic Autorised Education Agents
Mervic College Authorised Agent is any person or organisation who has a written contract with Mervic College to promote the college’s programs to prospective students and obtain a fee for providing students to the college.
The agents are the first point of contact between Mervic College and prospective students at the college; therefore, the college puts a great emphasis on the ethical, legal, and honest conduct of its agents. Mervic College employs a rigorous process in agent selection and ensures that its quality principles and objectives are ensured in dealing with education agents.
In accordance with the Standards for RTOs 2015, The National Code 2018, and The ESOS Act 2000, all agency agreements are governed by Mervic College’s Agency Monitoring Policy and other policies and procedures relevant to marketing, student admissions, and enrolments.
The college requires its agents to have appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Australian international education industry and training and learning pathways of the courses offered by Mervic College.
Please note, that all agents must now adhere to the new code of ethics – the Australian International Education and Training Agent Code of Ethics.
Apply to become a Mervic Education Agent
The agents are the first point of contact between Mervic College and prospective students of Mervic College and therefore the college puts a great emphasis on the ethical, legal, and honest conduct of its agents. Mervic College employs a rigorous process in agent selection and ensures that its quality principles and objectives are met in dealing with education agents.
Mervic College requires its agents to;
- Have appropriate knowledge and understanding of the international education system in Australia, including the Australian International Education and Training Agent Code of Ethics; and
- Act honestly and in good faith, and in the best interests of the student; and
- Observe appropriate levels of confidentiality and transparency in their dealings with overseas students or intending overseas students; and
- Declare in writing and take reasonable steps to avoid conflicts of interests with its duties as an education agent of the registered provider
All approved agents/agencies are placed on Mervic College’s List of Approved Agents.
Agency Application Process
Process for becoming and continuing as an Mervic College agency includes;
- Application to be a Mervic College Authorised Agent, including two current referees and the required supporting documents
- Referee check and initial assessment by Mervic College
- Initial meeting/phone discussion to ensure clear agreement on ethical and quality principles and regulatory requirements
- The signing of an Agency Agreement
- Dispatching of an Agency Information Pack to familiarise the new agent with Mervic College’s key and relevant policies, procedures and quality assurance requirements
- Attending agent/agency training session (online video conference for offshore agents)
Mervic College monitors the performance and conduct of all the appointed agents. Agreements are offered only on a yearly basis and a yearly quality review is conducted before renewing an agreement.
Mervic College expects all its agents to act in a manner consistent with legislative and regulatory requirements and comply with college’s Marketing of New Courses Policy and Procedure.
Mervic College will immediately suspend or cancel the agency agreement and all student recruitment activities with an agent if it becomes aware of an education agent being negligent, careless, or incompetent or being engaged in false, misleading or unethical advertising and recruitment practices, including practices that could harm the integrity of Australian education and training.
List of Approve Agents
View the List of Mervic Approved Agents in Australia and outside Australia.
To apply, just email us at – email@example.com – with a brief introduction and the areas/markets you represent.